Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ready steady...

In a few days it's a go. I FINALLY got my travel plan done and my plane tickets purchased. A lot of the trip is gonna go by land though, so nothing's too strictly laid down. Right now it's rougly looking like this:

San Francisco, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Acapulco, Mexico
San Jose, Costa Rica
Lima, Peru
La Paz, Bolivia

Then Europe and home to Finland. The whole thing will take about 2 1/2 months. Surprisingly I'm not very excited yet, which I think is because of all the thinking and planning the last 10 days. Making fast decisions isn't really my cup of tea.

Anyways I got all the stuff I need, backpack, malaria meds and meds for treating violent diarrhea, along with clothes, mosquito net and some other stuff. I don't want to list stuff that sounds boring... Water treatment tabs, machete and satellite radio, scuba gear and an inflatable raft with outboard engine. Ok...

At the moment I'm looking for rideshares for the trip down to San Francisco. I hope I find one before the weekend, and get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers